Monday, October 26, 2009

Wish Ivan Reitman a Happy Birthday Tomorrow (10/27)

Tuesday is the birthday of the director of many of our more quotable films, Ivan Reitman. So today’s task is simple. I’ll give a movie quote, and you name the Ivan film it comes from. Of course, some of these are tougher than others. But then, you’re a movie genius, aren’t you?

1) “Attention. Here's an update on tonight's dinner. It was veal. I repeat, veal. The winner of tonight's mystery meat contest is Jeffrey Corbin who guessed "some kind of beef."

2) “And we're walking, and we're walking, and we're stopping.”

3) “Last night as I was grading papers, I came across two gems both entitled "Cells are Bad" and both with just one paragraph which I unfortunately committed to memory: "Cells are bad. My uncle lives in a cell. It's ten foot by twelve and he has to read the same boring, old magazine everyday. The end." Although my standards are nowhere near where they used to be I could not bring myself to put A’s atop those beauties.”

4) “It's not a tumor!” (Pronounced “Toomer”)

5) “Of course not, and that is the whole problem with aliens is you just can't trust them. Occasionally you meet a nice once: Star Man, E.T... But usually they turn out to be some kind of big lizard!”

6) “Lighten up, Francis.”

7) “Let me shake hands with the man who would be Mom.”

8) “You're more like a game show host.”

9) “Thank you for the cookies. I look forward to tossing them.”

10) “That look in your eyes... pure blue steel.”

No comments:

Post a Comment